Books make the best presents and I have found a perfect one to give teachers and young children as they celebrate the end of the school year and think about what’s next. Written by one of my Cardinal Rule Press Publishing siblings, this joyful and positive book explores all the possibilities that the future holds.
THIS COULD BE YOU: Be Brave! Be True! Believe! Be You!
By Cindy Williams Schrauben (author) and Julia Seal (illustrator)
Cardinal Rule Press 2022
Ages- 4-7 (but really for all ages)
Themes- Growth mindset, careers, goal setting
The story begins…
Who pursues their top dreams,
Their never-ever-stop dreams
Believe. It could be you!
Written in catchy rhyme, This Could Be You shares the dreams and aspirations of children and shows them that they can use their skills, talents, and passions to follow their dreams.
Why I love this book:
- The book is filled with diverse characters and includes children of different ethnicities and abilities. I especially love seeing children caring for others and making a difference.
- A broad variety of activities and careers are explored with positive and encouraging language that shows children that they too can believe, protect, support, and create.
- The inspiring text is playful, fun, and is perfect to read aloud.
- The colorful illustrations pair perfectly with the text making this a joyous reading experience.
- The book is interactive with a spread that needs to be turned lengthwise to read, a cover that becomes a poster, and a mirror on the last page making the reader a character in the story.
This Could Be You is a celebration of all the things that children can be when they pursue their dreams. It invites children to think big even though they are small and will become a favorite book for families, schools, and libraries.
I’ve been having a great time sharing THIS COULD BE YOU with children:
Link here for coloring pages and here for resources
Enjoy watching author Cindy Williams Schrauben read with an ASL interpreter here.
Visit Cindy’s website to learn more about her.
See more of Julia Seal’s illustrations on Instagram.
Jilanne Hoffmann says
Love this! It looks like a terrific read aloud!